Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Thirties

Psalm 16: 7-11 NLT
 7 I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.
 8 I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
 9 No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety.
 10 For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.
 11 You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.

My thirties would appear to be the “best years”.  Professionally, I was with a stable company and getting lots of opportunities to grow and develop.  ♥ Tracy ♥ and I got married.  We spent our honeymoon in San Francisco and Monterrey California!  We built our dream home in Sugar Land.  Haley came along and we were so richly blessed.  We celebrated – our ♥wedding♥ and Haley’s birth with many showers.  Soon we were involved at Williams Trace Baptist Church.  The adult choir, teaching Sunday school, committees, and the deacons all provided us opportunities for service and fun.  New friends – Bryan, Jimmie, Doc, Phil, Al, Jose, and many many more.  Deacon ordination and deacon family parties.  Deacon meetings and barbeque!  Fellowship, friendship and service.

9 No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety.
And even in the sadness and grieving when my parents died, I was sustained. I knew all this was blessing from heaven and my relationship with Jesus grew as I leaned on Him and learned His ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment