Saturday, November 28, 2009

Jesus Embodies Reconciliation


Romans 3:22, 23

This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.


I plead guilty – I have joined the Face Book crowd.  It started a year or so ago when a summer intern at work suggested it as a way to market our company to college graduates.  From there, Tracy encouraged me to do it so she could learn about her friends.  That lasted a short time and she got the addiction and went off on her own.  I’ve gone on though and reconnected with a lot of people.  I found out that a friend I went to church had married a guy I went to high school with and they didn't even know each other last I knew.  I’ve reconnected with youth I taught in Sunday School 25 years ago, who are well into their own adulthood now.  And today, I called up one of my dearest friends from over 20 years ago who had sent me a FB note.  It was amazing how in about 5 to 10 minutes we had covered the bases of changes, and fallen back into the same comfortable conversation I remember.  Shared memories and values. 

Have you left the relationship you had in the past with your Lord and Savior?  Did you ever develop that close friendship?  Reconciliation is waiting - Jesus has paid the price for us all in full, and is eager to spend time with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment