Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jesus Embodies Lordship

Paul says in Philippians 2: 9 that “God elevated (Jesus) to the place of highest honor”.  We can have no better mentor!

The Friday before the Forth of July holiday (yesterday as I write this), I was out early on my motorcycle.  I’d had breakfast with three Christian brothers at 6:00 and was now headed west on roads I’d never ridden before.  I usually ride to get my mind off work, but I found my mind replaying a conversation about our company mentorship program.  I suddenly realized a huge limitation.  A mentor can only take you where they have been – they can only teach you how to get to where they are – a Manager can’t show someone how to be a CEO.  

A Sunday School teacher or Deacon can’t show us how to be the best possible witness either.  Even a Pastor can’t show us how to be the perfect Christian.  We all must continually develop our own relationship with Jesus and let Him mentor us directly – He dwells in God’s highest places and is uniquely equipped to show us how to be more like Him. 

I ask myself - am I trying to learn as much as I can from Jesus every day?  Am I showing others by the way I live my life what I have learned so that others see Jesus living in me?  How would you answer these questions?  

No comments:

Post a Comment