Saturday, December 19, 2009

Forsaking all, I trust Him!

My wife Tracy once taught me an acronym for Faith:

F –       Forsaking
A –      All
I –        I
T –       Trust
H –      Him

Galatians 3:6-18 quotes from Genesis 15:6 where Abraham believed and God made him righteous because of his faith.  This is where God promised Abraham a son and that he would have more descendents than there are stars in the sky.  

As hard as that might have been for Abraham to believe, it was later that he truly demonstrated his faith to me.  Genesis 22 records the story of God sending Abraham out to sacrifice Isaac, his only son as a burnt offering.  At this point, I am ashamed to say I would have probably moved my church letter to the local temple of Baal.  But not Abraham. He was willing to forsake all that he had ever hoped for and trust God.  His faith proved to be valid and greatly rewarded!

I pray that we all continue to grow and learn to trust God as much as we think we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment