Saturday, December 12, 2009

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

That proverb has proven true many times in my life.  A car with a REALLY low price is probably going to have something wrong with it (blue smoke means a new motor, not an oxygen sensor).  Does, “Dad, I got ALL my homework done at school” sound familiar? 

However, there is one huge exception to that I have bet my eternity on. 

In Romans 10:9, Paul states “if you confess with you mouth “Jesus is Lord” and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”  Salvation is through Christ only: we can’t earn it, buy it, or steal it.  God’s mercy and grace are the only way, and all we have to do is accept His gift. 

It sounds too good to be true, but it’s not.  Have we thanked Him lately for the faith He gives us to accept that gift?


No comments:

Post a Comment