Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Hopeful Heart

I met Maurice my first day on the job.  The fact that he bought me lunch that day isn’t the reason we became friends (although it didn’t hurt), but the many common values we share have brought us close over the last three years. 

In 2004, he was blessed with quadruple by pass surgery.  I say blessed, because he did.  Only weeks after his surgery, he stood before his church congregation and spoke on “A Hopeful Heart”.  His comments included:

“Through a recent experience, I truly believe God can, and does, use difficult situations to strengthen us:  knowing this can bring hope.  This hope is the assured outcome of God’s saving purpose for us.” He went on “I truly believe this unexpected event in my life was a blessing from God.  The circumstances around how it all developed have led me to believe the Good Lord was watching out for me and has given me a new lease on life.”  

Don’t wait for God to bless you with what society might see as a curse to believe in Him and His care.  Have faith, as Maurice does, that God has a saving purpose for each of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment